These are a few of my favorite things:These brands get their own dedicated drawers, which means that they are extra special in my book.
- Urban Decay - They actually get an entire set of plastic drawers, not just one drawer. I love pretty much everything they make except maybe their mascaras (which aren't bad - they just don't WOW me). My major-est recommendations are for their eye pencils, lip pencils, lipsticks, and eye shadows. Also, their current line of Revolution High-Color Lip Glosses is amazing.
- Kat Von D - I mainly use her eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks, and liquid lipsticks. In particular though, her Shade and Light palettes (for the eyes and for the face) as well as their corresponding brushes have been in major use lately
- Sugarpill - Bright, bright, bright eye shadows. They are not for the faint of heart, but if you love color, then this is what you need.
- ColourPop - Everything from them is amazing. Okay, well, I haven't tried their face stuff, but their eye shadows are incredibly unique, and their liquid lipsticks are better than anything I've ever tried. And all their products (individually) range from $5-$8, so... yeah, you can't beat that.
- MAC - They make everything, and they are the products of professionals. I personally go to MAC when I need a particular type of face item - they have SO many different types of foundations, powders, concealers, etc. I also really like their Prep & Prime line - in particular, I use their lip primer and lash primer quite a bit. Also, I'm a big fan of their Paint Pots, which are cream shadows/bases that just never budge. ALSO, my favorite red lipstick ever is MAC Viva Glam I.
Holy Grail items - these are my MUST HAVES:
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk or as an alternative, their Eye Shadow Base in White
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder
- MAC Prep+Prime Fix+
- MAC Mineralize Timecheck Lotion
- Loew-Cornell Maxine's Mop 3/8 brush
- Japonesque Precision Lash Definer/Metal Comb
- ELF Makeup Remover Pen
- Urban Decay Good Karma Crease Brush
- Urban Decay Grindhouse Double Barrel Sharpener
- MAC 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation brush
- EcoTools Eye Enhancing Duo set