So, it's the one-year anniversary of this blog! And... I did a thing. I know this is not my usual medium, but since I often get a lot of friends asking about makeup products and how to use them, I thought it would be helpful to actually record a Get Ready With Me video.
I wanted to give a disclaimer first: this video is literally me getting ready for my day. I’m not a Youtuber, and I don’t have any fancy lighting or camera setups. Is it professional-looking? No. Is it real? Yes. It was early in the morning, and I was at my desk like I always am, watching Youtube videos while I put my face on before work. I just decided to turn on a camera this time.
I hope someone out there finds this helpful. I had to edit and speed up the footage but hopefully you can get a good idea of how I do things. In total, it took me about half an hour to do my full face.
Please note that this is just how I decided to do my makeup on this particular day - everyone does their own makeup differently, and even I change things up constantly. So please don’t take anything I do as a mandate or as a criticism of your own style - this is just a demonstration to hopefully inspire you to try things out on your own. And if you get super bored, you can scope out my bookshelf in the background. =P
For a full list of all the products I used in this video, please see below!
(Not pictured, but I used them: MAC Fast Response Eye Cream; MAC Mineralize Timecheck Lotion)
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid in Peach
- MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation in shade 3.0
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Medium-Dark
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder in Medium-Dark
- MAC Prep+Prime Fix+ spray
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
- All eyeshadows from Urban Decay:
- Base: Foxy (from Naked Basics)
- Transition: Cover (from Naked 2 Basics)
- Lid: Peace (I have an old version from the Deluxe Shadow Box, but it’s available currently as a single)
- Crease: Adore (discontinued Deluxe Shadow)
- Browbone highlight: Venus (from Naked Basics)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani blush palette:
- Contour: Lo-Fi
- Highlight: Hush
- Blush: OC
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
- BeneFit Roller Lash mascara
- Lower lashline: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Asphyxia topped with eyeshadow in Ransom (discontinued Deluxe Shadow)
- Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi-Gloss in shade 202