At this point, there are probably thousands of review posts and videos about Fenty products, so why am I still posting this anyway? Basically because you can never get enough photos of foundation on a real person, in different types of lighting. It never hurts to have multiple examples of people wearing various shades of foundation (if you are someone shopping for foundation), so I wanted to throw my post out there into the aether so that someone else who is considering Fenty can at least see what shade I'm wearing and how the shade looks :)
So without further ado, here are some pictures I took while testing out a few of the products:
So here is my very first try-on of the following products:
- the Pro Filt'r face primer
- the Pro Filt'r Soft Matte foundation in 240
- the Matchstix trio in Medium, which is comprised of Matte Skinsticks in Bamboo (lighter shade) and Mocha (darker shade), and a Shimmer Skinstick in Trippin. I essentially used Bamboo as a sort of highlighting concealer, Mocha to contour, and Trippin as a cream blush
I used UD's Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder in Medium Light to set everything, and MAC Fix+ spray. I should note, by the way, that I buffed the foundation on using my ELF Ultimate Blending Brush, and it went on a little heavier than I thought it would, so this is pretty heavy-medium coverage.
Looks PRETTY DARN GOOD. It felt good on, too. Despite the heavier-than-I-planned foundation application, everything felt light and not too cakey, and it stayed on soooooo well.
1) I'd been told that this foundation oxidizes 1-2 shades darker, so I was curious to see how much it would change after a long wait, and whether I could still wear it. (I know, shame on me for buying sight unseen!)
2) I was trying this all on at night, so I wanted to give it a go during the daytime too. The above photo was taken in front of my Ottlite mirror.
Here's a picture of me about an hour or so later, in bathroom lighting:
So, I felt like it got yellower, but that could've also been the lighting? But I didn't think it looked significantly darker.
The next day, I applied the primer and foundation on right half of my face (left side of the photo):
|<----- Makeup side|
I went for a more light-to-medium application this time, and I'm also not wearing any of the Skinsticks or any setting powder or spray. Just primer and the same foundation. Looks like a pretty good match, huh? My friends (whom I asked for opinions) all said it gave me that much-sought-after "Your skin but better" look.
And even after several hours, it still looked perfect and stayed ON. This foundation has pretty good wear time, even without setting powder! I was impressed.
So, yeah... I'm glad I didn't have to go exchange for a new a color, and I'm glad that in general the products ended up being pretty good. I want very much to support Fenty Beauty, since diversity is a major selling point for them, and I like everything that I've seen about the company so far. I'm excited to see them grow.
I hope this post helps someone out there :) See you next time!
|Face by Fenty!|